These are a list of child development books and resources The Preschool Group advocates. They are but a few available for your use in the Preschool library.
Let us help you check one out today!
If you find any of these books or websites to be helpful and you’d like to purchase them, please use one of the Amazon links provided. We receive a small affiliate commission if you purchase an item from Amazon using our link – your price remains unchanged.
Recommended Child Development Books:
- Baby and Child Care: From Pre-Birth through the Teen Years – Paul C. Reisser, M.D.
- James Dobson, Ph.D. Books
- William Sears, M.D., and Martha Sears, R.N.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding – La Leche League International
- Eisenberg, Murkoff and Hathaway
- The Way They Learn – Cynthia Tobias
- Learning to Listen: A Life Caring for Children – T. Berry Brazelton, M.D.
- Bringing Up Kids Without Tearing Them Down – Dr. Kevin Leman
- How to Really Love Your Child – Ross Campbell, M.D.
- Miseducation: Preschoolers at Risk – David Elkind, Ph.D.
- Fatherhood, Living on the Edge – Glenn T. Stanton
- Little House on the Freeway – Dr. Tim Kimmel
- Tell All the Little Children – Kenneth L. Chafin
- Raising Kids to Love Jesus: A Biblical Guide for Parents – H. Norman Wright and Gary J. Oliver
- When Can A Child Believe? – Eugene Chamberlain
- The Measure of Our Success, A Letter To My Children And Yours – Marian Wright Edelman
- Love Languages for Children – Gary Chapman
- The Heart of Parenting: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gottman
- When Can I? Questions Preschoolers Ask in Their 1st Steps Toward Faith – Thomas Sanders, illustrated by Gregg Thorkelson
- Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions – George Barna
- Teaching Your Child About God – Wes Haystead
- Children and the Christian Faith – Cos H. Davis, Jr.
- Read to Me Bible for Kids – Holman Press
- There is a Big Difference Between Parent Dedication and Infant Baptism – Dan Yeary
- Guiding Your Child Toward God – Sybil Waldrop
- The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness – Dr. Ned Hallowell
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 7th Edition: Birth to Age 5 by American Academy Of Pediatrics
Recommended Video Series:
- Intentional Parenting by Les and Leslie Parrot
- Conscious Discipline: Building Emotional Intelligence by Becky Bailly
- Character Development, Self-Esteem and Discipline by Madelyn Swift
There are many resources available to parents of pre-school age children. We hope this list is helpful in widdling down the many options and gives you a place to start. We welcome your input and questions.