Location: Gilbert, AZ
The Preschool Director is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating a Full Service, State Licensed, Preschool program for children ages 6-Weeks through Pre-Kindergarten. This includes leadership, staff recruitment, child enrollment processes, DAP curriculum development, classroom management, staff development, and First Things First Administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of teachers and other staff in the establishment and operation of a premier Christian preschool, including day-to-day operation and routine special events.
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the Preschool and fuels strong enrollment.
- Recruit and train teachers and other staff as needed to staff preschool classrooms and special events.
- Establish enrollment processes that ensure children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classrooms and monitored to ensure success.
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the Preschool.
- Implement approved Developmentally Appropriate Practice curriculum and Bible-based curriculum in a manner that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian Preschool environment.
- Implement classroom management practices that exceed state standards and ensure a safe, secure, and orderly Preschool environment.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop preschool staff ensuring a “continuous learning” culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Develop an annual budget for the preschool ensuring needs are met and profitability targets are realized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field is preferred. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children, and have the ability to function as an administrator. Other requirements include a valid fingerprint clearance card, negative TB test and CPR certification. A working knowledge of NAEYC accreditation standards and special event planning is a real plus.